How to connect with the WCC Assembly
August 24, 2022
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is right now preparing to welcome over 4000 people from across the global church to Karlsruhe, Germany, for its 11th Assembly. It runs from 31 August - 8 September with some pre-gatherings to be held this weekend, and is the first Assembly in nine years.
The Uniting Church is one of 352 churches that belong to the WCC, representing more than half a billion Christians across the world. Several people from the Uniting Church will be present at the gathering including official UCA delegates President Rev Sharon Hollis and Assembly General Secretary Colleen Geyer.
The WCC has released an abundance of worship and other resources for Assembly members and their churches, which means that even from across the world you can connect with the work of the Assembly and potentially use these resources in your local context.
Here are some suggestions:
- Check out the worship resource books for the Assembly and the Ecumenical Youth Gathering which each have songs, prayers and readings
- Download the Plenary Bible studies
- Show this video of people across the world singing the song that was written for the Assembly
- Follow the World Council of Churches on social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Follow the Assembly website for reports, decisions and statements arising from the meeting
- Subscribe for email updates from the WCC