Children and Families Ministry
These resources are compiled by Chris Barnett from the Intergenerational Ministry - Children & Families team at equipping Leadership for Mission (eLM) in the Synod of VIC/TAS. Thanks Chris for this valuable resource!
CHILDREN & FAMILIES MINISTRY – OCTOBER
- Ministry in Minecraft FREE Zoom Event October 20 7pm AEDT
Over the past 18 months Rev. Sandy Brodine has been exploring creative ways of engaging her community with-in Minecraft. Drawing on this experience, in this FREE on-line event Sandy will particularly focus on…
- Prayer possibilities
- Building Bible stories
- Engaging intergenerationally
…with-in the Minecraft context. Whether you’re familiar with Minecraft or not, this promises to be a fascinating evening for all!
More information & Registration: Ministry in Minecraft, using Minecraft in Ministry
- Halloween Resources
- Games Ideas (via AYCF, Brisbane)
- via Max7
- via CRCNA
Building Blocks of Faith Toolkit (CRCNA)
Faith Practices Project: Service (CRCNA)
5 Ways to practice service as a family (CRCNA)
Living like Jesus: service as a faith practice (CRCNA)
Strengthening intergenerational mentoring (Generation Spark)
- Via AIR (Australian Intergenerational Roundtable)
AIR Resource Paper 1: What is AIR?
AIR Resource Paper 2: Recommended Intergenerational Reading
AIR Resource Paper 3: 23 Easy Things To Try
AIR Resource Paper 4: Toward a Common Understanding
Air Resource Paper 5: An Eastern and Western Perspective
- via Faith Forward (Podcasts)
Fostering healthy spirituality in families: Cindy Wang Brandt (Faith Forward)
Holy listening with children: Lacy Finn Borgo (Faith Forward)
Emancipatory youth ministry: Annie Lockhart-Gilroy (Faith Forward)
Pandemic-era innovation: M. Nichol, S. Argue, T. Smith (Faith Forward)
Youth ministry as a practice of non-violence: Elizabeth Corrie (Faith Forward)
- via the Justice Cluster (UCA)
- Beginning to Think About Advent?
Advent: Something is Coming (Intergen)
KIdzone Christmas Resources (Salvation Army)
Christmas & Advent Resources (Messy Church)
BunchOKids Christmas mini-books (BunchOKids)
The Really Good News of Christmas (Bible Society)
- Some Highlighted Opportunities
- Oct 12 Meet the First Peoples of Gondwana 9am-12.30pm
Join with Rev Dr Garry Deverell to listen and engage with his story and reflections as an indigenous person. Garry Deverell is a Trawloolway man from northern Lutrawita and is a regular contributor to radio programmes, podcasts, and conferences on Indigenous matters. Garry will be speaking on…
- Who are the First Nations/First Peoples of this country, and what is our traditional spirituality or way of life?
- What is the result of our history when it comes to First Nations health, well-being and socio-economic status?
- Who are the ‘Second Peoples’ and how can they be good allies in the Indigenous struggle for something resembling justice?
More information & registration: Meet the First Peoples of Gondwana
- Navigating the Landscape: building intercultural communities Nov 3 9.30am-4pm
This workshop will offer opportunities to reflect on one’s own ministry practice and its cultural relevance in his/her present ministry context. It seeks to enhance greater awareness and intentionality in building intercultural skills for ministry and community building. More information here.
- Nurture & Spiritual Guidance of Children Nov 24 - Dec 1
Especially suitable for church-based, school-based and community-based expressions of ministry, this course will assist you in developing an even more richly theologically-informed practice in relation to the spiritual nurture of children as you explore links between Scripture, theological thought, spiritual and psychological development. More information here.