A Day of Prayer for Myanmar
Uniting Church members are invited to join with other Christians in a Day of Prayer for Myanmar on Sunday 28 November.
The people of Myanmar have endured suffering and trauma for decades. On 1 February military government was reimposed.
Organisers have urged people to join in prayer with Myanmar “in its yearning to be free”.
UCA President Rev Sharon Hollis encouraged members and congregation in the Uniting Church to remember Myanmar in their worship on this day, praying for an end to the suffering and violence and for justice, compassion and unity among its peoples.
Burmese Uniting Church Minister Rev Gospel Ralte has written a number of prayer points for Uniting Church members in Mizo with an English translation. See below.
Pax Christi and representatives of the Burmese community are helping to promote and shape the Day of Prayer. They have prepared worship resources and will lead an online prayer service at 7.30pm on 28 November. Find out more here
MIZO TAWNGA ZIAK KAWL RAM TANA TAWGNTAI THUPUITE
PRAYER POINTS FOR MYANMAR IN MIZO LANGUAGE
- Pawlitik avanga lung in tangte tan hriselna and nun hlimna dilsak ila, an chhungte tan pawh Pathian venhimna leh ei bar, silfen malsawmna I dilsak baw ang u.
- Pray for the health and wellbeing of all political prisoners, and for the protection, provision of food and clothing needed for their families.
- Pawlitik avanga dik lo taka an man lung in tang zawng zawng chu rang taka an lo chhuah theih nan I tawngtai ang u.
- Pray for the quick release of all political prisoners who have been detained wrongfully.
- Thu neitu zawng zawngte chu dikna humhalhtu an lo nih theuh theih nan I tawngtaisak ang u.
- Pray that those in leadership position will be able to stand firm for the cause of justice.
- Chin State leh Myanmar ram chhung hmun hrang hranga awm, an in leh lo leh an sakhaw hmun thianghlim halsak tuar a, an hmangaihte chantu zawng zawngte tan rilru, taksa leh thlarau lamah chenna hmun ral muang, himna, muanna leh ei leh in, silh leh fen an neih theih nan I tawngtaisak ang u.
- Pray for physical, emotional, mental and spiritual security and provision for those who are in Chin State and other parts of Myanmar, whose houses and churches have been burnt down, and who have lost their loved ones.
- Chhantu nei lo, tihduhdah tuar, Myanmar mipuite tap thawm leh lungngaih rum ri chu khawvel huapa mawhphurhna neitu insuihkhawm pawlten thinlung taka an lo hriat a, hmangaihna leh dikna rah chhuak zawnga hma an lakpui theih nan I tawngtai ang u.
- Pray that the helpless cries (SOS) of those persecuted and supressed people in Myanmar will be whole heartedly heard and appropriately responded to by the international community acting in compassion and justice.
- Tu leh faten zirna run sang an kei theih nan, mumal leh zirtir dan chungchangah mahni kawng kawnga theih tawp lo chuuahtu nu leh pa, pi leh pu te tan I tawngtaisak ang u.
- Pray all the parents and grandparents who have tried their best to keep their young ones to be in touch with a blind learning at home-based education unsystematically, having no help and no proper instruction of teaching method or materials to use.
- Bawm puak leh silai inkap ri tuar tuar kara awm, tar chanhaite leh naupangte tan muanna, thlamuanna leh himna I dilsak ang u.
- Pray for the elderly and children that they will find peace, comfort and security in the midst of bomb blasts and gun shooting in their neighbourhood.
- Heng harsatna karah sakhua leh hnam hrang hrangte inpumkhatna, inunauna rilru nen lungrual taka chenho va, thawhhona lo piang chhuak ta hi Karlram sawrkar dik a lo din chhuah a, rah tha tak a chhuah zel theih nan I tawngtai ang u.
- Pray for unity and love of brotherly co-existence arisen and shared among different religions and diverse ethnicity that will continue to bear fruits in reconstruction of the nation of Myanmar.
- Kawl ramah mi zawng zawng tan muanna leh dikna a lo din theih nan, tuarna lampui zawh a, puitu nei lo a ram mipuite venhim nana nun hlantu zawng zawngte tan chakna leh hlawhtlinna I dilpui ang u.
- Pray for strength and success for all who commit their lives to protect the helpless citizens on their suffering journey to achieve the establishment of a safe and just Myanmar for all.
- Kan nghahfak federal dimokaresi sawrkar dan pui zam chhuaha a lo awm theih nan, tuna sipai hotute leh mipui thlantlin hruaitute an lo inbiak rem theih nan I tawngtai ang u.
- Pray for reconciliation between the Junta and the elected body that they will be able to come together in a way to re-write a new constitution for the long-awaited Federal Democracy.
- Kawl ram mi, khawvel hmun hrang hranga awm darh, an chhungten harsat mangan, tam, hlauhthawnna, tuarna, leh thihna an thawh chungchangah rilru manganga awmte tan muanna leh hahdamna I dilsak ang u.
- Pray for peace and comfort for various diaspora Myanmar whose families living in Myanmar have been facing all kinds of difficulty, struggle and suffering, starving, fear, trauma, anxiety and killing.
- Um darha awm raltlan Rohingya te tan himna, ei bar leh silhfen, leh tluang taka an lo haw leh theih nan I tawngtai ang u.
- Pray for protection, provision and safe return of all diaspora Rohingya.
Read Gospel’s personal story of fleeing Myanmar and his dedication and calling to faithfully serve God.